Echowan prepares for yearbook distribution

Publication prepares to finally reveal yearlong project

Echowan+editors+practice+distributing+yearbooks+during+class+on+May+19.+Yearbook+distribution+will+take+place+in+the+auditorium+foyer+May+22+and+May+23.+
Echowan editors practice distributing yearbooks during class on May 19. Yearbook distribution will take place in the auditorium foyer May 22 and May 23.

Izzy Leviton

Izzy Leviton

Izzy Leviton and Samyu Yenamandra

According to senior editor-in-chief Talia Simonett, after a long year of working on putting together the yearbook, the Echowan staff are excited to share their final product with the rest of the school.

Simonett said yearbook distribution day will be on May 22 and 23 in the auditorium foyer.

“This day is super special because we are revealing our project. We have been working on it for so long, since this summer. It has been a secret, so this is the reveal of our theme and all this work we have been putting in this year,” Simonett said.

Echowan adviser Julianne Herbert said she anticipates chaos during distribution, but also hopes students will enjoy receiving their yearbooks.

“It is going to be chaotic,” Herbert said. “Everyone worked so hard and the yearbook looks awesome so I’m very excited for the staff and I think people will really appreciate (the yearbook).”

Simonett said the book is different from others in years past because the staff aimed to include as much of the student body and possible.

“Compared to other books I think it is very inclusive. We tried very hard to get as many people that we could into the book,” Simonett said. “Also the design of the book is very unique and not like many others. I feel like when people see it they are going to be surprised in an excited way.”

Freshman Isaac Wahl said the yearbook is important because it is inclusive of everyone in the school.

“I think it is something to remember the year and it is an easy way to have everything the school did in one book,” Wahl said.

According to senior Aprille Lopac she hopes the new yearbook has a creative design.

“It is exciting to see the features the put in the yearbook and the creative stuff. I am excited to see what (Echowan) came up with this year,” Lopac said.

Herbert said now that the yearbook is done the new major staffers will set up for next year.

“I suppose it’s going to be a little sad once it’s all over, but we have stuff to do with the new staff and things to prepare for next year and we have yearbook camp over the summer,” Herbert said.

According to Simonett, it is required to present a photo ID and your receipt in order to receive your yearbook. Extra yearbooks will be available for purchase beginning May 24 on a first come, first serve basis.