Serving up a new season

Serving up a new season

The boys’ tennis team held its first informational meeting on Jan. 9

Although the courts are still frozen over, the boys’ tennis team starts up a new start to the year. After their first informational meeting, the boys’ tennis team hopes to build a strong team from the very beginning.

The information covered at the meeting included captains’ practice schedules. Practices begin on Jan. 17 and will be held on Thursdays each week. Practices will be held at Lifetime Fitness in St. Louis Park.

For the new season, assistant coach Court Ryan says the most important thing to focus on is team effort.
“We need the boys to be able to work together and have great teamwork, just like any other sport,” Ryan said.
Junior Isaac Stone says he looks forward to the new season.
“I like meeting new teammates and the long bus rides where we just blast music to pump up,” Stone said, “Also the pasta parties are pretty good times.”
This year, the team will host a fundraiser, in hopes of buying new team jerseys. The team, which has had the same jerseys for the past four years, is hoping that its new jerseys will be more personalized by having names on the back.
“We’ll be doing a fundraiser and we’re hoping to buy new jerseys and apparel with that money,” Ryan said.

If students are still interested in signing up for the team, you can contact either of the captains senior Charlie Bahnson or junior Josh Anderson.