Boys’ hockey roster rearranged

With the removal and addition of new players the team’s focus changes
As the boy’s hockey team starts captains practice this season it has a new challenge –team chemistry.
The top scorers of last season all have left Park. Alec Baer and Josh Passolt have transferred to different schools. Top defenseman Marshall Tema has moved to Texas to play in a Junior Hockey League.
Senior goaltender Ryan Froom said that the departure of some players will provide opportunities for different players.

“It will be a tough start but in the long run we want players who will (be) committed to Park hockey,” Froom said.  “Also it will give the younger guys more opportunities to step up and show their value.”

However, senior Frank Jermusek and Finnish foreign exchange student Jesper Junkaala have been added to the team’s roster.

According to junior captain Noah Fortmeyer, adjusting to new and younger players will be the focus of captains practice so the team will be ready for its first game Dec. 1 at home against Waconia.