Echowan distributes yearbook

Unclaimed books available for pickup in room B229

Junior Martha Walton flips through her yearbook to make sure everything looks OK. Yearbook distribution  day occurred May 22 and 23.

Junior Martha Walton flips through her yearbook to make sure everything looks OK. Yearbook distribution day occurred May 22 and 23.

Jane Anderson

Jane Anderson

After receiving her yearbook during lunch on May 22, junior Kaylee Baumann said she felt content with her purchase because the yearbook contains moments she can look back on in the future.

“(The yearbook) is worth (the money) because you can’t put a price on memo- ries,” Baumann said.

According to senior Connor Cornell, this year’s yearbook holds more meaning because it is his last year of high school.

“As a senior, this yearbook is the most important one,” Cornell said. “Senior year is probably the biggest year of your high school career and (the yearbook) is a good way to remember it.”

Junior Echowan staffer Grace Wolgemuth said in previous years she saw the final yearbook, but this year was different because she took part in the creation of the book. After a lot of work, she said this year’s yearbook lived up to her expecta- tions.

“It was really interesting to see the whole process about how (the yearbook) is made because you usually you just get the book and then see what is in it,” Wolgemuth said. “To be able to be a part of putting everything together and deciding what pictures go in was really interesting to me and I think it turned out really well.”

According to Echowan adviser Julianne Herbert, all staff members wear matching shirts on distribution day.

“(We wear the shirts) for celebration and unity,” Herbert said. “It is a fun thing because I can go back and look at my old Echowan shirts and remember the staff that made that book.”

Wolgemuth said the shirts include the design of the cover and theme. She said the shirts help tell students it is distribution day.

“(The shirt) says ‘We are Echowan’ and it advertises (distribution day) throughout the day and gives us a keepsake from making the yearbook,” Wolgemuth said.

Herbert said she thinks of the Echowan staff when looking at the 2017 yearbook.

“To me, the staff makes every book unique, so after doing 21 books I feel like every (book) reminds me of the staff that (made) it,” Herbert said.

According to Herbert, the lost time due to the shorter school year made production stressful, but Echowan rose to the challenge and created an memorable yearbook.

“I think the hardest thing our staff faced this year is the fact that we lost two weeks of production time at the worst possible time because graduation was so early and the stress was incredible,” Herbert said. “They did such a good job dealing with (the stress) and the staff worked really hard and the book is beautiful.”