Sever’s Corn Maze Fall Festival

Maddie Lund, Breanna Thompson

As sophomore Hope Cassman wanders through Sever’s Corn Maze, she enjoys the challenge of finding her way out.

“I got lost in the maze. I wouldn’t say I got panicked because there were a lot of people there and we followed some and worked together to find our way out,” Cassman said.

According to Sever’s Corn Maze manager Nicola Peterson, Sever’s Corn Maze is family owned. Peterson said the theme of the corn maze this year celebrates the 20th anniversary.

“We determine the theme each year by brainstorming as a family during the winter months, even sometimes getting ideas from extended family, friends and our festival guests,” Peterson said.

Cassman said there is a lot to see and do, making the experience more enjoyable.

“The corn maze is like life, because you get lost and you have to find your way out,” Cassman said.

According to Peterson the activities open vary on weather because everything is outside.

We are super weather dependent so our attendance can range from 50,000-80,000 people,” Peterson said.

With activities starting on Sept. 9 and closing Sunday Oct. 30, the corn maze is open 1 p.m.- 8 p.m. Friday. a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday. and 8 a.m.-6p.m. Sunday.

Maddie Lund, Features Editor

Hey! My name is Maddie Lund and I am one of the features editors for the Echo! I am a senior this year. You can almost always find me at Spyhouse Coffee...