Dogs day event enlivens owners, pets

Activities provide scenery, games, products

Dogs day event enlivens owners, pets

Volunteer kneels down to greet excited dog and is embraced with a lick on her face. Interacting with dogs proved to be yet another fun activity for visitors to take part in at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum.

Lucy zumbrunnen

Lucy zumbrunnen

Lucy zumbrunnen

Lucy zumBrunnen

I was curious in what going to “All About Dogs Day” would entail, excited to participate and meet all the dogs present at the event.

In all honesty, it wasn’t exactly what I expected, there was a lot more to see and participate in. It was held April 27 at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum.

Various events were held throughout the day including an obstacle course, fashion show and an open discussion with experts.

All activities included dogs, which caused the event to be a little chaotic, but still very lively.

The first thing I noticed was the variety of types of dogs from all colors and sizes. You could see a different dog pretty much everywhere you looked.

Even though the event wasn’t especially long, as it was held from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., it still was filled with activity.

The scenery the arboretum displayed offered an easy area to host the event and made a relaxing and fun environment.

Not only did I enjoy seeing all the dogs, but being outside among the various landscapes was very captivating.

One part of the event that stuck out the most to me was the end.

There were various companies advertising and selling various different dog related products, from dog treats to getting a portrait for your dog.

Amidst all the tents there were various owners and their dogs interacting.

It was very amusing to see new people meeting and interacting with other owners and their dogs, and very enjoyable to see the reactions of others taking part in the event.

Overall it was very well put together with a great venue for the occasion.

I would recommend going to future dog-related events if you get the chance, especially with your own dog.

There’s so much to offer and see that both you and your pet can enjoy.

Lucy zumBrunnen, Photographer, Designer

zHey guys it’s me Lucy! If i’m not taking photos and desinging for Echo, i’m probably on a run or skiing in -20 w/Claire Bargman. I also like being...