Boys’ lacrosse wins third place in tournament

Team ends the Grand Rapids Shootout Tournament as consolation champions

Earlier this season the Orioles beat the Grand Rapids, Minn. Thunderhawks 14-7. But Thunderhawks took the boys’ lacrosse team out of championship contention by beating the Orioles 3-9.

The team left for the annual Grand Rapids Shootout Tournament on May 3. The boys’ lacrosse team played a total of five games and won four. Currently their record stands as 15-1-0. Park was able to win the consolation championship game against the St. Cloud North Knights 8-2.

Head coach Kevin Reed said he was happy with the team’s overall performance, but said he thought the team had a few shortcomings during the tournament.

“We as a team were off of our game. It had been a long weekend full of traveling and games, and we were all tired,” Reed said. “I’m just glad that we came back in our next game and got third place.”

Sophomore Colin Monicatti said the tournament was a lot of fun and a great learning experience for the team.

“We learned that we can’t underestimate any team we play, even if we already beat them. It was a rough game but we got it together in the end,” Monicatti said.

By Hannah Brodersen, Opinions editor