Teacher organizes ‘guess who’ game

Participants to identify staff member Bitmojis

Teacher organizes ‘guess who’ game

Teachers and staff members created Bitmojis representing themselves. The Bitmojis were posted on the windows of the principal's office. Students are encouraged to match the staff member caricature with their name.

Adam Johnson

Adam Johnson

Adam Johnson

Devin Raynor and Sam St. Clair

Social studies teacher Sarah Lindenberg said she created a game in which students can match Bitmojis submitted by Park staff members with a word bank of participating teachers.

“Staff members were asked to submit, if they wanted to, their favorite Bitmoji,” Lindenberg said. “Then they emailed those to me and I printed them out numbered them, and then there’s a word bank of names that students and staff can look at to try to identify who is who. It’s kind of a ‘guess who’ game.”

According to the Bitmoji website, Bitmojis are expressive emojis which people can customize.

Lindenberg said staff Bitmojis can be viewed in the windows of the principal’s office in the A2 hallway and game cards are available to pick up and submit in folders next to the Bitmojis.

Senior Jake Henry said he decided to fill out a game card during work time in his history class.

“I did it for fun,” Henry said. “I had finished a history project so I had nothing else to do.”

Lindenberg said exchanging Bitmojis with friends and family inspired her to create the game.

“I was curious about what different staff members’ Bitmojis looked like. It occurred to me that it could be kind of fun to showcase that on a bulletin board that multiple people could look at and then this game idea came out of that,” Lindenberg said.

According to Henry, the game provides an opportunity to see a different side of staff members.

“It’s cool to see the staff as fun people and not just as authority figures,” Henry said.

According to Lindenberg, over 70 staff members submitted Bitmojis for the game. She said she enjoyed hearing staff members’ interest in seeing others’ Bitmojis.

“People were curious what the meaning behind the phrase was that they picked. There’s a lot of people talking about how certain Bitmojis look exactly like a staff member,” Lindenberg said. “It’s been fun to hear people talking about it. It’s something interesting for the end of the year to keep the community being built up.”

Henry said the game allows students to see what staff are available at the school.

“It’s cool to know who’s a resource at the school. It’s really good to know for support,” Henry said.

Lindenberg said all game cards must be filled out and turned into the submission folder by the end of school June 1. Participants who identify the most Bitmojis correctly will receive prizes.

Devin Raynor, Design Editor

Yo I’m Devin and I’m the funniest person on Echo. As design editor, I make the pages look almost as pretty as me. I need six feet of white space around...

Sam St. Clair, Managing Editor

Hey girly I’m Sam St. Clair ✌️just your everyday Managing editor. I’m totally quirky, but now that quirky is trendy I’m an “edgy” quirky...