Punch Pizza coming to West End

Newest location is currently under construction

Many people say Punch Pizza is the best pizza they’ve ever had, and the new location coming to Park is drawing lots of attention. Set to open early to mid 2024, construction for the restaurant is finishing up and people are getting excited.

Punch is known for their authentic, wood-fire pizza. Taking inspiration from Italian tradition, they combine fresh ingredients with classic techniques. The pizzas are cooked in big, brick ovens that sit around 800 degrees Fahrenheit. These insanely hot ovens can fit up to 10 pizzas and fully cook them in 90-120 seconds, making for an efficient kitchen. Even when the restaurant is packed, there’s still manageable wait times.

Not only do the ovens cook fast, but they leave a nice, subtle taste of smokiness while keeping the dough at a perfect consistency. Punch uses a flavorful tomato sauce that blends very well with the mozzarella cheese. They also have a large assortment of meat choices and toppings that you can add on to the two base pizzas: Margherita (cheese with basil leaves) and Napoli (cheese with oregano). Punch’s menu is not just these two base pizzas either. They have many other pizza variations, as well as breads, dips and salads.

This expansion into West End should be very good business for Punch. As of right now, the only Punch Pizza close to Park is on Lake Street by Bde Maka Ska. Putting a new restaurant right in the middle of the city will be much more convenient for a lot of people, and it should bring in a lot of new customers. The West End is also very popular and gets a ton of traffic. Punch Pizza is shaping up to be a hotspot.

Many people will like this new spot for convenience, and many first-timers will come back after trying Punch Pizza. I personally am excited because I’ve been going to the same Punch for my whole life, and I am curious to see what the new one is like. I think it will be a very popular spot in Park and I can’t wait for it to open.