NHL 24 breaks ice

The future of the hockey gaming experience
Fair use from PlayStation

NHL 24 is the ultimate hockey gaming experience. The new release of NHL 24 on Oct 6 is already off to an amazing start. They already have had huge improvements to things such as the graphics, controls and overall gameplay. The new checking animations and skill moves controls leads the competition and games of the past. The new game with all the new features leads the players to think it can only get better from here, and gives everyone hope for games to come. In the past they have not lived up to the expectation of many people, however this game thus far. 

When you first download the game it takes you through a basic set of controls. It then gives you options on how you would like your NHL 24 experience to be like. Then you are given the option to get a basic feel of the game and practice the new features. At the end of all that you are able to choose your favorite team and start exploring everything else NHL 24 has to offer. 

The graphics are top notch, making it feel like you’re right in the middle of the intense NHL game. The gameplay is super smooth, with realistic player movements and precise controls. You are able to choose from a wide variety of players and teams, the attention to detail in their movements and abilities is spot on. They have also created a new set of controls that makes it easier and allows you to do some of the fanciest and hardest moves in hockey. Some big updates that have improved the game are exhaust engine, sustained pressure system and goalie fatigue.

Some things that haven’t had any major changes or still need improvement are game modes that lack huge changes. One big gamemode is My Career. This is where you create your own player. Then in your career you are given the option on where you would like to start, this gamemode has been really repetitive over the last couple of years. The introduction to it is still the same, all the features with how you upgrade your player and manage your money are all the same. This definitely needs to be changed because there are many people that do enjoy the solo gameplay of my career but it’s almost a replication of the same one as the year before.

Overall the game is definitely more enjoyable and playable for everyone all the new features and graphics updates have made the game look better and play better. The new controls allow it for players to do some of the coolest things that others struggled with in previous NHL’s. The new crossplatform feature allows for all different consoles to play with each other that the older NHL’s didn’t offer. There will always be room for improvement but these new features definitely make this the best NHL they have created.

NHL 24: ★★★★★