Delicious delights for Thanksgiving feasts

The five best Thanksgiving foods

Everybody has their own favorite holidays. One thing is for sure though, Thanksgiving is one of the holidays that many people enjoy. There are many reasons why it is one of the most popular holidays. You have a long weekend and it also brings families together that you may only see once a year at Thanksgiving. Those are nice and all, but Thanksgiving is all about the food. Thanksgiving food is always really good and everybody has their own preferences. These are the top five Thanksgiving foods. 

1. Cranberry sauce — ⭑⭑⭑⭒⭒

In fifth place is cranberry sauce. While it’s pretty good and goes well with all the other foods, it’s really not that good just by itself. I like the canned version but it’s really weird seeing it slide out of the can and the texture of it throws you off. In my opinion, fresh cranberry sauce is so much better. It has a unique taste that is tart and slightly tangy. They also have a hint of sweetness. Either way, whichever you prefer is your preference and you can’t go wrong with either. 

1. Mashed potatoes — ⭑⭑⭑⭒⭒

In fourth place is mashed potatoes. This is another side that pairs well with the other dishes and is pretty hard to mess up. You can eat mashed potatoes whenever you want, but they fit so well with other Thanksgiving foods and are a crucial side to a Thanksgiving dinner. Mashed potatoes are really soft and have a unique but wonderful taste. 

1. Turkey  — ⭑⭑⭑⭑⭒

In third place is turkey. Turkey is arguably the king of Thanksgiving because when you think of the holiday, you think of turkey and vice versa. Eating a freshly cooked turkey is a great experience everyone should have. It will always be a staple on your plate. While it will always be decent, it will never be outstanding. 

1. Mac and Cheese — ⭑⭑⭑⭑⭒

The second best dish is mac and cheese. This will always be a classic dish wherever and whenever you eat it. Although you should eat it all the time, it doesn’t get any better than eating hot and cheesy mac and cheese on Thanksgiving day. Even if you don’t want to fill up on mac and cheese, I guarantee that it is a really good side that pairs up well with the rest of the dishes.

1. Pumpkin pie — ⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑

The best Thanksgiving dish and dessert is by far pumpkin pie. It has the perfect amount of sweetness without being overly sweet, and if you pair it with whipped cream, it is the greatest dish that you will find on the Thanksgiving table. After seeing all of the pumpkins on Halloween, it is super fitting that pumpkin is the top option for pies on Thanksgiving. This seasonal treat is a rare sight all year, so take advantage of it when you see it on the Thanksgiving dinner table.