Lopez’s album ‘This Is Me…Now’ wins big

Jennifer Lopez comes out with a hit new album
Lopez’s album ‘This Is Me…Now’ wins big
Fair use from Genius

Singer, actress and dancer Jennifer Lopez released her new album “This Is Me…Now” on Feb. 16. This album follows her recent movie under the same name as the album. Jennifer Lopez’s voice reminds you that she is one of the best artists in the business, and this album gets in your heart and lets you enjoy the music.

“This Is Me…Now” features 13 songs, each better than the next. The album touches on love and self-healing. A big part of the album is related to her relationship with Ben Affleck. The seventh song in the album is titled “Dear Ben, Pt. II,” which is part two because there was a song previously released by Lopez titled, “Dear Ben”. The album title seemed to piggyback off of Jennifer’s 2002 album, “This Is Me…Then,” which coincidentally had a 20th-anniversary edition in 2022. The song talks a lot about Jennifer’s feelings about the two’s marriage.

Family was another important theme in the album. Lopez mentions her kids many times throughout the album. Jennifer Lopez has twins that are now fifteen and she mentions them in the album many times. In the twelfth song of the album “Midnight Trip to Vegas,” she sings, “throw the kids in the back of the pink Cadillac.” This fact gave us a more personal touch in the album making it more unique than just your typical album.

The idea of love and expression added a sense of personality to the album. Heck, the album got me in my feelings. Hearing Jennifer Lopez sing for the first time in a while popularized the album. The album also did very well on release. “This Is Me…Now” immediately moved to the number one streaming album on iTunes. This information is surprising as this is her first original album since “A.K.A” in 2014. This album has many great songs, so here are some of my favorites.

“To Be Yours” is the second song in the album. The song demonstrates the importance of a relationship. She sings about how she would do anything to “be yours.” The music is catchy and pleasing to hear. It has a significant rise to the chorus and although it has a weird flow, it is upbeat and empowering.

“This Time Around” is the eleventh song and my favorite song from the album. Although the song is by far the most different in the album as some are more slow paced, sometimes different is good. This song gives me the feeling that I don’t need to follow any rules. The beat and flow are more paced than the other songs, but that doesn’t change the quality. The song’s message is about doing things better the second time.

As mentioned, this album is partnered with the movie “This Is Me…Now,” which follows Jennifer Lopez on a trip through her romantic life. She goes through relationships with Ojani Noa, Cris Judd, Marc Anthony and Ben Affleck. In the movie, she’s on a journey through self-healing, and you can see what’s going on through her eyes. The movie is currently an Amazon Prime exclusive.

“This Is Me…Now” is a great album that represents love and healing through music. We get to listen to feelings and relationships through music. It is touching and gives us a new insight into Jennifer Lopez’s career. I thought this album was good and a great album to introduce people back to Jennifer’s music.

“This Is Me…Now”: ★★★★☆