Four underrated hip-hop artists

Under recognized artists
Fair use from ETA Records

Finding new artists can be hard, especially with the radio only playing hit songs from already huge artists. Exploring new music is fun, and it’s enjoyable to find new, talented artists that are less known. There are many smaller artists that deserve recognition for their talent, so here are some of my favorite underrated artists. 

The first is Tobe Nwigwe who is a talented, under the radar hip-hop artist. With an extremely gifted, poetic voice he has the potential to be a huge star. He’s been gaining popularity recently, and it’s not hard to see why. With his extreme talent and great songwriting, he makes for an amazing artist who creates good song after good song. He also has a unique versatility to his songs with no song sounding the exact same. His songs have a certain style to them, which is characterized by  the beat changing pace often and how he always seamlessly changes his flow with the beat. Although the majority of his songs are faster paced and up tempo, he also excels at singing during the slowed parts of the song and it just shows how gifted his voice is. Nwigwe’s most popular song is “On My Soul” which was made for the movie “Transformers, Rise Of The Beasts.” The song has a couple changes in its tempo and gives Nwigwe opportunities to use his voice and flow to really make the song special and unique. If you are a fan of hip-hop, checking out Tobe Nwigwe is definitely worth your time. 

The second artist is Norman Perry who has been gaining popularity recently because of his talent in making R&B and hip-hop music. Perry really started growing after his hit single “Alive” in 2016 and he hasn’t slowed down since. Dropping numerous hits since then, Perry’s songs are great chill songs for a late night drive, but are also great for anytime because of how he has songs for any mood and any situation. His songs contain all sorts of emotion which is conveyed perfectly with the emotion being felt clearly. Perry’s biggest song is “Play Your Roll” which is a perfect song for showcasing how talented his voice is. Perry’s been recognized by many big influential figures in media and sports but he still is relatively small compared to how talented of an artist he is, with him having only around 360,000 monthly listeners on Spotify. For Norman Perry’s music, the skies the limit and he’s a great underrated artist.

The third artist is Adrian Daniel who is a shockingly small artist for how good his music is. Daniel started to really make an impact on the hip-hop scene in 2016 with his album “Disillusions.” Daniel has a great voice that will undoubtedly allow him to keep growing into the future and get the recognition he deserves. Although Daniel only has 86,000 monthly listeners on Spotify he still works hard and keeps releasing more songs with his most recent song being “On & On.” The song shows his versatility as an artist with Daniel singing on as the tempo speeds up and down, with many parts having Daniel singing slower and really hitting every note, which is just more evidence towards his potential as a future hip-hop/R&B artist. Daniel was featured by the website Okayplayer as one of the top 11 R&B artists of 2020. Daniel has so much potential for the future and will definitely continue to grow and become a prominent figure on the hip-hop/R&B scene. Adrian Daniel is a great artist who is worth a listen and especially if you’re a fan of hip-hop or R&B.

The fourth artist is Lil Gotit who is a growing rapper/hip-hop artist. He has 422,000monthly listeners on Spotify and it’s easy to see why. All of his songs have a unique flow that just works with the beat seamlessly. Gotit’s unique flow sets him apart from everyone else — it’s  catchy and can fit on a wide variety of beats, making for an amazing versatility while making music. Gotit has a unique voice that works well with his flow and all of these aspects of his music work together unlike many other artists and it shows potential for him to keep growing and be a big artist in the future. My favorite of his songs is “Drip Day N Night” (feat. Gunna & Lil Keed) which has a unique beat that really gives Gotit an opportunity to use his voice and flow to express emotion and his talent as an artist. He will certainly continue to grow and become a huge artist in the future. Lil Gotit is definitely an artist to look out for in the future and is a heavily underrated artist. 

These artists are some of my picks for underrated artists and all have potential to become huge on the hip-hop scene. They all deserve to be checked out and I hope you can all enjoy their musical talent.