Natural Helpers receive permanent location

New development aims to boost involvement

Alissa Meredith, Writer

Natural Helpers listen to presentation on how the group will organize peer counseling in their previous meeting location Nov. 15.
Devin Raynor

Natural Helpers officer Anna Gleason feels the club’s new designated meeting spot will encourage participation in peer counseling.

Gleason said the corner of the Media Center, the new meeting spot, creates a relaxed but organized place where members of the club can meet with students for support.

“I think that it’ll be easier to meet because we’ll have a spot just for us,” Gleason said. “I think a lot of students will feel more comfortable.”

According to adviser Andrew Carlson, the club has not met in a consistent location in the previous year.

“This year we were trying to get a spot in the learning lab so we have to come up with a creative solution of where we could meet and how natural helpers could be monitored,” Carlson said.

Gleason said she believes the club successfully aids students, and hopes the new and secure location will bring forth greater participation.

“I definitely think Natural Helpers is a good resource for all people and now that we have a permanent place that we are housed, I think it will be used more,” Gleason said.

Students can contact Andrew Carlson or their counselor to participate in peer counseling.