TILE welcomes entrepreneur Aaron Kardell

Local CEO to educate students about business

Annabella Strathman and Devin Raynor

According to junior co-founder Adam Johnson, the St. Louis Park TILE chapter is hosting the first talk of this year, welcoming Aaron Kardell, founder of the company that created the real estate app HomeSpotter.

According to Kardell, the talk will be in question and answer format, and will focus on entrepreneurship.

“The first 25 minutes will be questions form the moderators, and the rest of the questions from the audience, but I think it’ll be pretty focused on kind of my entrepreneurship journey with HomeSpotter,” Kardell said.

According to Kardell, his company has created multiple apps, focusing on the industry of real estate.

“We’re a company that creates home search apps for the real estate industry we’ve got one app, our home spotter app, and we also have a number of apps from other real estate companies,” Kardell said.

Johnson said the event will give students a chance to hear from someone with experience in business.

“The event will be great for students because they will have the opportunity to learn about business first-hand from a local entrepreneur and CEO,” Johnson said.

Kardell said the TILE talk will provide students interested in business a way to learn about the process through his experience.

“If anybody is serious about this entrepreneurship, or what it takes to start a business, some of the challenges along the way, hopefully I can provide some insight into what starting and running a small software company is like,” Kardell said.

Wert said he and his co-founders look forward to host more guest speakers throughout next year.

“I’m really excited for our first event and I’m looking forward to it,” Wert said. “We’re also looking forward to hosting more talks in the fall and going into the 2017-2018 school year. We’re really excited.”

According to junior TILE chapter co-founder Isaac Wert, the first TILE talk will take place at 7 p.m. on May 23 at the St. Louis Park Library. Tickets are free and all students are welcome with their families.