Fresh Thyme creates new atmosphere

Grocery store brings more fresh produce to suburbs

Fresh Thyme worker and high school student Kyle Hedblom working his shift after school on Dec. 4. Fresh Thyme Farmers Market currently employs multiple students, including Hedbolm.

Isaac Wahl

Isaac Wahl

Tenzin Gyaldatsang

According to Fresh Thyme Regional Marketing Coordinator Rebecca Rowe, the store has a mission to influence customers’ health for the better.

“We want to make sure all of our customers are having a great experience and having healthy, happy lifestyles at home,” Rowe said.

“What we want to do is to provide any type of natural, organic health products that they can integrate into their families and ultimately build stronger communities through health,” she said.

Freshman Mira Malka said she likes shopping at Fresh Thyme because it has accessible, wholesome food.

“It’s like a Whole Foods, but it is cheaper and it’s better. It’s more convenient to get healthy food,” Malka said. “I would recommend this to another student because it’s important to eat healthy, and it’s better than other stores.”

Sophomore Fresh Thyme employee Parker Brynildson said the market is a great place to work and shop. Brynildson said there is a wide array of products that include fresh, local food.

“It’s a good place to work for the employees. They all know their stuff and can answer questions that customers have,” Brynildson said. “The selection is also very nice ranging from (food) grown here to other states.”

According to Rowe, Fresh Thyme has lower prices for healthier products because it competes with other stores in the area.

“It’s good for our customers to have competition,” Rowe said. “It’s good that we can drive those prices lower for everybody who’s coming to our community.”

Sophomore William Pinney said he enjoys shopping at Fresh Thyme because of the prices and friendly employees.

“It has all the best and healthiest foods for good prices,” Pinney said. “I like how the employees are helpful and know their stuff. The customer service is good.”

According to Rowe, the market aims to cater toward many different groups of people in the community.

“A lot of young families shop at our store, so families are a huge part of our identity and who we would like to become,” Rowe said. “You can see some of our kids carts and various kids activities that we have around the store.”

According to senior employee Kyle Hedblom, working at Fresh Thyme has many benefits.

“It’s really relaxed, but it’s also just a business,” Hedblom said. “It is run very smoothly. All of the staff are very friendly and can help you out if you need.”

Pinney said he recommends products from Fresh Thyme because they are fresh and of good quality.

“It has food that tastes good for lower prices than other grocery stores and that’s why I would recommend it,” Pinney said.

The Fresh Thyme Farmers Market in St. Louis Park is located on 4840 Excelsior Blvd. It is open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Tenzin Gyaldatsang, Assistant Web Editor

Hi my name is Tenzin but you can call me Tennam. I’m a junior this year and am excited to see how the Vikings are going to do, Super bowl prediction anyone? Currently ranked 8th in the US Northwestern division for coin flipping. I also enjoy deep woods hiking