Fathers day surprise leads to famous video

Hattie Kugler featured with Tom Brady, Randy Moss

The Kugler family attends the NFL Honors ceremony. The Super Bowl experience lead to a video featuring sophomore Hattie Kugler with Tom Brady and Randy Moss.

Used with permission by Hattie Kugler

Used with permission by Hattie Kugler

Isaac Wahl

The official NFL Instagram posted a video starring sophomore Hattie Kugler Feb. 4, the day of Super Bowl 52, and according to Hattie Kugler, she had no clue.

“(The) NFL posted it and I had no clue,” Kugler said. “I don’t even know what happened. People were texting me the video, they were like ‘Hattie, Hattie, you’re on a bunch of accounts.’”

Kugler said she went on the VIP tour and Superbowl all alongside her sister, Rafferty Kugler, her father, Prentice Kugler and her mother Dusti Kugler. According to Dusti Kugler, the Super bowl experience all started when she saw a casting from Courtyard Hotels.

“They wanted dads and daughters with really good relationships sort of centered around sports,” Kugler said. “So I just wrote a little email to Courtyard and gave some examples and pictures of Rafferty and Hattie as kids and then they picked us.”

According to Kugler, she thought the Courtyard Hotels had picked them out of hundreds, but in reality it was out of thousands. From there, Kugler said she, her sister and their father went on a private tour of the US Bank Stadium where the Courtyard Hotels surprised their father with his favorite player, Jared Allen, to give them the tour.

Dusti Kugler said at the end of the tour, the whole family was surprised with four front row tickets to the 2018 Super Bowl.

“We were like ‘oh my gosh,’ and we were thinking we were up in nose bleeds, but (thought) ‘who cares, we’re going to the Super Bowl,'” Dusti Kugler said. In reality they would be sitting in a suite right near the turf and where the Patriots ran out.

The NFL Instagram, which has 10.8 million followers, posted a video of Patriots quarterback Tom Brady running out to former NFL player Randy Moss to greet him. In the video Hattie Kugler is taking a video of the two and Moss says ‘are you okay now?’ to Kugler. Kugler reposted the video on her own Instagram, and it has now received over 110,000 views and counting.

Kugler said the most memorable part of attending the Super Bowl was meeting the football players.

“Probably the (video) with Randy Moss meeting Tom Brady (was the most exciting), it was just crazy,” Kugler said. “Just meeting all the people — it was insane. It was so much fun, I was freaking out.”
Dusti Kugler said seeing her husband and children so happy proved to be the best part of the experience.

“(It was) literally the best day of my life — getting married, having kids, and that,” Kugler said. “It was a once in a lifetime experience, and it was just so much more than I had ever imagined it would be.”

Isaac Wahl, Design Editor

Hey! My name is Isaac Wahl and I am a junior this year! You can read my last years staff bio for some “fun,” but in a short version I would say I’m...