Seniors look to final show hopeful, sentimental

Interest meeting for spring play to be held March 4

Stage manager Nietzsche Deuel, who is a senior, participates in a conversation during a play rehearsal. Going into her final show as a senior, Deuel says it is bittersweet to be leaving behind the Park theater program, but she is excited to finish with the upcoming spring play.

Maggie Klaers

As senior stage manager Nietzsche Deuel’s last show approaches, she said she can’t help but feel nostalgic looking back over her years in the theater program.

“I know for me it’s going to be very sentimental and very emotional and very personal, but I hope that it will be the best one yet,” Deuel said. “So far each show keeps getting better and better, and I’m really excited to end my year out with whatever this show might be.”

Senior veteran cast member Zoey Zachek said ending her high school acting career will be bittersweet.

“Theater has been such a huge part of my life throughout the past four years, and it makes me sad that I have to leave, but also seeing what these younger freshmen, sophomores, and juniors — seeing all the talent that they have makes me really happy,” Zachek said. “Park theater is going to be in good hands.”

Theater director Jodi Hatzenbeller said she will release the title of the upcoming spring play at the interest meeting, which will be held March 4 in the Auditorium.

“I will announce what the show is and then give out details about how to apply for crew or audition for the play,” Hatzenbeller said.

According to Deuel, attending the interest meeting is helpful for those on the fence about auditioning for a role or applying for a crew position.

“Even if you aren’t sure if you want to participate in theater, I would say check it out because maybe you’ll find somebody that you’ve been meaning to talk to, or maybe you have friends there who you didn’t realize did theater, or maybe you just want to try something new and meet new friends,” Deuel said.

Hatzenbeller said the interest meeting is open to all students who think they may want to get involved in the theater program.

“Anyone who is interested (can attend), even if you’ve never done a play before. We love having newcomers because it’s fresh blood, and it helps build our program,” Hatzenbeller said.

Maggie Klaers, Design Editor

Hello! My name is Maggie Klaers and I will be a junior this year. This is my first year on the Echo and I’m super excited! In my free time I enjoy playing...