Seventy-three years of students reunited

Conner Youngren
Senior Evan Hill worked as a volunteer collecting donations of $10 in return for a gift bag and an orange Park wristband. Gift bags included a Saint Louis Park magazine, a schedule of events, a map and a water bottle.

Cole Bacig, Writer

Activities, conversations, and reminiscing shared by all.

Time stood still Aug. 25 as alumni reconnected with friends from graduating classes dating as far back as 1939.

For the classmates, the all year reunion allowed them to catch up with friends in a unique way. Dick Olson from the graduating class of 1957 had his 55th reunion the previous night.

“I’m looking forward to catching up today with friends from different years. Normally at reunions I only see my friends from my graduating class, but today I can see all my friends from nearby graduating classes,” Olson said.

Gary Anderson from the graduating class of 1965 said he agrees with Olson and enjoyed the reunion being held in his old school.

“We see each other a lot, but it’s nice to see everyone back together in one familiar place,” Anderson said.

At the reunion attendees participated in events, such as an alumni talent show with Grammy Award winner Sharon Isbin and a silent auction. These activities provided entertainment for the graduates as they reminisced.

Not only did the attendees talk with old friends, but as alumni Alan Schneider from the graduating class of 1966 said, the reunion also allowed Park graduates to catch up with their former teachers.

“It’s been really interesting to talk with my old teachers and see what they have been up to for the past 40 years,” Schneider said.

School board chairman Jim Yarosh from the graduating class of 1985 said he thinks St. Louis Park Public Schools Foundation should continue with the event in the future.

“I’m here to show my support for the foundation and I believe (it) should for sure host another (all year reunion),” Yarosh said.

Junior Ellyn Adelmann worked at the reunion promoting the girls track team and said she enjoyed the experience.

“It was cool to see generations of park Alumni come together,” Adelmann said.

The reunion brought together 2,500 people from different graduating classes to celebrate memories of 73 years at Park.