School Board names incoming superintendent

Astein Osei chosen from final three candidates

Ethan Brown

Astein Osei was named as St. Louis Park Schools’ next superintendent May 10, according to School Board chair Jim Yarosh. The decision marks the end of a search to replace outgoing superintendent Rob Metz.

Osei, currently the assistant superintendent at Osseo Public Schools, was chosen from three finalists, all of whom engaged in day-long interviews with district stakeholders May 8, 9 and 10.

Yarosh said the School Board met to name a nominee after the final day-long meeting May 10.

“The candidates were all very well qualified and it was a tough decision,” Yarosh said. “We deliberated for a while and ultimately selected Astein Osei.”

Osei previously worked as a principal for St. Paul Public Schools, and holds a bachelor’s degree in journalism from the University of Minnesota along with a master’s degree in educational administration from St. Mary’s University of Minnesota.

Echo will continue to update this story.

1 Comment

One Response to “School Board names incoming superintendent”

1. Marshall on May 11th, 2017 6:13 pm

Astein is a phenomenal choice. I’ve worked with him over the years in a couple of different roles, and I think it’s a great choice!

[Reply]