Park schools closed Jan. 29, 30

Extreme weather conditions forecasted

Accumulated+snow+outside+of+the+high+school+building.+All+St.+Louis+Park+Public+Schools+are+closed+Jan.+29+and+30+because+of+severe+winter+weather.+

Park schools closed Jan. 29, 30

Accumulated snow outside of the high school building. All St. Louis Park Public Schools are closed Jan. 29 and 30 because of severe winter weather.

Noah Orloff

Noah Orloff

Noah Orloff

Dani Orloff

According to District communications director Sara Thompson, all St. Louis Park Public Schools will be closed Jan. 29 and 30 because of the dangerously cold temperatures and unsafe wind chill forecasted for this week.

“District Administration is closely monitoring the weather and will make a decision by 4 p.m. Wednesday regarding the status of school and programs for Thursday, January 31,” according to Thompson.

Kids Place childcare, sports activities, Early Learning Programs and Community Education classes are canceled Jan. 29 and 30, according to St. Louis Park Public Schools.

Neighboring school districts, like Hopkins and Edina, have also canceled classes for these days due to the National Weather Service’s forecast.

Dani Orloff, Editor-in-Chief

Hey guys! My name is Dani and I’m the Editor-in-Chief this year! When I am not devoting my time to Echo, you can find me in the kitchen training to become...