Park softball sweeps Cooper in last dual game

Players celebrate senior night

Park softball players meet in the infield.  Park senior Anya Lindell Paulson hit a grand slam in the sixth inning to give Park a 6-3 win over Chaska.

Park softball players meet in the infield. Park senior Anya Lindell Paulson hit a grand slam in the sixth inning to give Park a 6-3 win over Chaska.

Grace Farley

Grace Farley

Max Bechtold

aSoftball celebrated their final duel game of the season with one of the last games their seniors would be playing with them.

According to head coach Bobby Crumpton, Park played against Cooper and won both games 6-2 and 1-0, respectively.

“We played against Cooper twice and won the first game 6-2 and the second game 1-0 in 9 innings,” Crumpton said. “(Junior captain) Annabelle Schutte pitched 14 innings and gave (Park) the 1-0 victory in the second game.”

Senior captain Anya Lindell Paulson said the team has progressed throughout the season and has achieved new heights throughout the season.

“I think we’ve done really well in terms of improving, but we could be more consistent,” Lindell Paulson said. “We’ve definitely had really high moments this season.”

Crumpton said he thinks the captains have been very loyal to the team and have been successful as team leaders.

“The captains have done a terrific job this year,” Crumpton said. “They’ve been great leaders on the field and have worked very hard for their teammates.”

Lindell Paulson said she will miss the team because they worked together well and she enjoyed playing during the season.

“I’m going to miss playing with the team because it’s a really fun team to play with,” Lindell Paulson said. “I feel like we’ve bonded really well over the season.”

Lindell Paulson said she won’t leave softball because she appreciates the sport and doesn’t want to give it up.

“I’ll be playing softball for Macalester because I love softball,” Lindell Paulson said. “I don’t want to give it up when I have the opportunity to keep playing.”