Park loses close match against Waconia

Girls tennis takes 4-3 Loss
Clara Bagne
Seventh grader Gabbie Loberg prepares to serve Sept. 15. Park lost to Waconia with a final score of 3-4.

Girls’ tennis faced off against a challenging opponent, Waconia, and was put to the test. In a close game, Park lost by only one match, with a score of 4-3, but there were many flashes of talent shown by the Orioles.

Junior Sarah Tirado said that even though Park lost, the team as a whole played great and tried their hardest.

“The team did good today, regardless of the score,” Tirado said. “By the way I saw everyone playing, it looked like everyone was playing really well.” 

Seventh grader Gabbie Loberg said she played at her best to earn a win for Park.

“It was the best I’ve played so far this season,” Loberg said. “It felt great to get a win.” 

After a hard fought victory in a close match, which led into a long third set, junior Audrey Wetherall said she played hard and thrived against her opponent.

“It was a good match. I tried my best to succeed while having fun too,” Wetherall said. “It was also really close so it made the match a lot more intense.”

Loberg said the tennis season is off to a good start and the team is improving daily.

“The season is going pretty good,” Loberg said. “We have a good community and we’re really good at working well together.”

Tirado said the matches this season have been tough, but the team is doing a good job at being competitive and working hard.

“The season has been tough so far, but everyone’s playing really good,” Tirado says. “Overall it’s been going good and it’s going to get better for sure.”

The team will have a chance to catch a win at its next match at home against New Prague at 4:15 p.m. Sept. 19 at the St. louis park high school tennis courts.