Girls’ cross country places first at Griak

Team achieves record placement

Freshman Josie Mosby attempts to push past her opponents during the Griak meet. It took place Sept.29

Isabel Kjaer

Isabel Kjaer

Talia Lissauer

As racers sprinted across the finish line and their names flashed across the scoreboard cross country head coach Chris Nordstrom said he had a feeling that was difficult to describe.

“As the race unfolded, I knew we were running well, and we had a shot. When I saw the scoreboard out on the course, however, it kind of set in that we had done it. A rush of joy and excitement had definitely hit me,” Nordstrom said.

Sophomore Erin Brousseau said going into this race each runner has an individual goal to beat their personal best and a team goal to beat Bloomington Jefferson.

“The team killed it overall. We beat the team that we really wanted to,” Brousseau said. “A lot of people broke their records. I didn’t, but I still had a fine race.”

Going into the meet, Nordstrom said he was excited to see how the runners would do.

“It is a special meet and we always try and be at our best for it. I think both guys’ and girls’ teams are ready to go battle in the difficult field and the difficult course,” Nordstrom said.

According to gopark.org out of the 10 varsity runners at Park, six finished in the top 100.

Talia Lissauer, Writer

Hey everyone my name is Talia Lissauer, I’m a sophmore and this is my first year on Echo. I play soccer all year long and in the winter I downhill ski with my family. When I’m not at school I’m either traveling or making a mess in the kitchen.