Volleyball beats Bloomington Jefferson

Team is victorious against rivals for the first time

Volleyball beats Bloomington Jefferson

Senior Maddy McIntosh and sophomore Raegan Alexander celebrate with their teammates after winning a point against Bloomington Jefferson Oct. 25. The team moved on to play Edina in the semi-finals on Oct. 30.

Sadie Yarosh

Sadie Yarosh

Sadie Yarosh

Dahlia Krebs

The volleyball team beat Bloomington Jefferson 3-1. They advanced to the semifinals of sections against top-seeded Edina Oct. 30 at Edina High School.

Sophomore Hannah Howell said because the team lost to Jefferson earlier in the season, they were looking forward to facing them again.

“We were really excited about playing Jefferson because we lost to them in a really long match earlier in the season and we wanted revenge,” Howell said.

Coach Whitney Meierotto-Simon said she was thrilled when the team beat Jefferson because they had lost to Jefferson many times before.

“I was really excited. We haven’t beat Jefferson. They came to our conference I think four years ago and they’ve got us in sections before. They’ve got us in conference every time,” Meierotto-Simon said.

According to sophomore Raegan Alexander, she was very happy, since it was the first time Park has made to semifinals in sections.

“I’m excited because it’s the first time in history for the Park volleyball team to make it this far,” Alexander said.

According to Meierotto-Simon, the way the team came back after losing one of the sets, shows their growth throughout the season.

“I was really proud of the way that we came out with a lot of energy a lot of fire but I also really liked how we responded after we lost the second set,” said Meierotto-Simon. “Earlier this season we wouldn’t bounce back like that, and so I’m just so proud of the girls and how much they’ve grown.”

With all the hard work the team has put in this season, Howell said she felt great about how far they got.

“Im really proud of us and how hard we’ve worked this season and it’s been a really long time since St. Louis Park Volleyball has done this so it’s a good accomplishment,” Howell said.

Dahlia Krebs, Writer

Hi, I’m Dahlia Krebs and I’m a sophomore. I’m a writer on the Echo. I like playing the violin, reading, watching TV and hanging out with friends.