Bowling season rolls to an end

Team loses qualifying match

Senior+Adam+Kowski+releases+the+bowling+ball+down+the+lane+Dec.+4.+Kowski+frequently+bowls%2C+even+during+the+off+season%2C+in+order+to+improve+his+technique.+

Bowling season rolls to an end

Senior Adam Kowski releases the bowling ball down the lane Dec. 4. Kowski frequently bowls, even during the off season, in order to improve his technique.

Yonah Davis

Yonah Davis

Yonah Davis

Noah Orloff

As senior Adam Kowski completed his fifth and final season on the bowling team, he said he loved the challenge of the sport.

“My favorite part is being able to show up everyday with like a different situation. No two days of bowling are going to be the same,” Kowski said. “It’s just that difference between everyday where it’s unpredictable, so that’s what keeps me intrigued.”

According to first year varsity coach Rick Itow, the team reached success through encouraging each other.

“I thought they did really well for my first year watching them bowl. They were just magnificent,” Itow said. “They worked really, really hard at what they did. They inspired each other.”

Freshman bowler Tyler Lacher-Hambor said positivity and getting used to everyone’s playing styles were important lessons from the season.

“We had a lot of new players, so you had to learn everybody’s different style of playing and everybody just had to learn how to adapt to that and still cheer even if we we’re not doing good,” Lacher-Hambor said.

According to Kowski, the team placed second in the conference and was very close to making State.

“As it seemed we did a whole lot better than last year. We took second place in the conference, we took sixth place in the State qualifier, when last year we took third in the conference,” Kowski said.

“We needed to take fifth, we made it into the final round of the state qualifier, so we made school history this year,” Kowski said.

Itow said he is satisfied with the unity of the players and performance of the bowling team.

“I am pleased with their dedication and commitment, great teamwork, respect, support from others, flexibility, responsibility and then they just did it all,” Itow said. “It was really amazing.”

According to Lacher-Hambor, who has bowled for Park since seventh grade, the bowling team’s level of unity improved this season.

“I’d say a lot more teamwork this year and a lot of cooperation with coaches this year,” Lacher-Hambor said.

Kowski said his season resulted in an All-Conference honor and placed in state.

“I made the All-Conference team. I was top 100 in state and then I bowled (at) the All-Conference Tournament,” Kowski said.

Noah Orloff, Copy Editor

My name is Noah and I am a sophomore copy editor. Writing is something that I love to do, but I  also can be seen walking my neighbor’s dog. He is a...

1 Comment

One Response to “Bowling season rolls to an end”

1. Adam Kowski on January 7th, 2019 4:02 pm

Thank you guys so much for doing an article on the bowling team and myself. This article was very well written and I grabbed half a dozen copies of the Echo and brought then to the bowling alley to show many of the older bowlers that read it were touched that a school news paper cares about bowling as much as the entire bowling community.

• Bowling season rolls to an end

New captains for fall 2019 sports

• Bowling season rolls to an end

Girls’ swimming concludes season at State

• Bowling season rolls to an end

Girls’ swimming places second in Sections

• Bowling season rolls to an end

Freshman runner places at State tournament

• Bowling season rolls to an end

Freshman qualifies for State

• Bowling season rolls to an end

Football ends season with loss against Robbinsdale Cooper

• Bowling season rolls to an end

Photo Gallery: Girls’ volleyball loses 3-0 to Edina

• Bowling season rolls to an end

Volleyball captain commits to University of Colorado Colorado Springs

• Bowling season rolls to an end

Volleyball beats Bloomington Jefferson

• Bowling season rolls to an end

Sophomore takes role as volleyball team manager

Bowling season rolls to an end