Girls’ lacrosse loses to No. 3 ranked team in state

Team loses to Chanhassen 5-19

Alivia McClinton avoids three of Chanhassen's defenders during the game May 14. Park's overall record is 4-5. Their next game is against Colombia Heights.

Breanna Thompson

Breanna Thompson

Breanna Thompson

According to sophomore Grace Schultz, coming into the game they knew Chanhassen was a great team and they needed to stay positive.

“Coming into the game we were all nervous because Chanhassen is a really good team, but we were all confident in ourselves and with our teammates to try our best and to play our game,” Schultz said.

Chanhassen is in the top ten in the state and they knew they had to work hard to beat them according to senior Halle Weinmann.

“We knew it was going to be a really hard game to try and win but we have been doing really well this season and we just had to go out their and put in as much (effort) as we could,” Weinmann said.

According to coach Ellie Hinrichs, the players improved from last week from the drills done in practice.

“It went OK. We made a lot of improvements from last week from what we have been working on in practice and we saw them come out, but they can definitely come out more in our next game,” Hinrichs said.

Weinmann said coming into the game the team knew it was going to be tough competition.

“We knew it was going to be a really hard game to try and win but we have been doing really well this season and we just had to go out there and put in as much as we could,” Weinmann said.

According to Schultz, the second half they played harder and worked together better.

“We really picked it up in the second half. We worked together, our connections were well on the field (and) we just need to keep talking and bring up the intensity in the first half,” Schultz said.

Hinrichs said senior night is the next game and she is looking forward to celebrating the seniors in the program.

“It is senior night so we are really excited to represent all the seniors during the varsity game, and again we know it’s going to be good competition and we are ready to come and play,” Hinrichs said.

The next game is against Columbia Heights 6 p.m. May 17 at St. Louis Park High School Stadium.

Sophie Olmen, Sports Editor

Hi my name is Sophie Olmen and I am the sports editor for the Echo. Fun fact I have two middle names and I am also a senior this year. I play tennis, basketball...

Breanna Thompson, Assistant Photo Editor

My name is Breanna Thompson I am the only assistant photo editor. I enjoy being creative.