Dungeons and Dragons brought to Park

New club provides creative outlet

Seniors+Simon+Lewin+and+Eric+Manuel%2C+founders+of+the+Dungeons+and+Dragons+club+at+Park%2C+play+the+game+with+friends.+The+club+will+meet+after+school+Mondays+and+Thursdays.+
Seniors Simon Lewin and Eric Manuel, founders of the Dungeons and Dragons club at Park, play the game with friends. The club will meet after school Mondays and Thursdays.

Hanna Schechter

Hanna Schechter

Dungeons and Dragons, a game which inspires creativity and imagination, will soon have its own club at Park, according to senior Simon Lewin.

Lewin, co-founder of the Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) club, said he hopes to help students use their creative sides.

“(D&D) allows for a lot of creativity and imagination and pent up creativity that you don’t get to use elsewhere in life,” Lewin said.

According to Lewin, the club will welcome students with any amount of experience in the game.

“We are looking for new players, and experienced players. A mix is good, because then the experienced players can show the new players how to play the game and just how creative you can be,” Lewin said

Senior Eric Manuel, co-founder of D&D club, said he feels excited for the first meeting.

“(During) the first session we play, everyone will be playing at the same time, with the same events happening, and we will play that simultaneously. We have the story pretty much written up,” Manuel said.

According to Lewin, both him and Manuel felt a D&D club would be a good club for Park.

“I had come up with the idea, and was planning on doing it all myself, but then I just thought that maybe Eric would want to help me do it,” Lewin said.  “The day that I was going to ask him if he wanted to co-found the club with me, he texted me and asked me if I wanted to start a D&D club.”

According to Lewin, they plan to organize the club depending on turnout.

“We don’t want to have more than five or six people on a certain adventure just because it gets to be kind of muddled and confusing,” Lewin said,  “We are currently planning on 15 people on any given day but that can change.”

Lewin said he has a plan for how the club will run depending on the amount of members attending.

“Throughout the adventure, there will be three separate groups playing in the same universe, and then they may or may not come back together in the end to fight one final boss. So, we are planning on having multiple groups, but in the same general world,” Lewin said.

Adviser Daniel Ruzek said they will meet on Mondays and Thursdays after school in room A305.