Parkway Pizza hosts fundraiser for the Nest

Students on the board gather for trivia night

Parkway Pizza hosts trivia April 6 in part-
nership with the SLP Nest. The SLP Nest is also sponsor-
ing the poetry jam April 18.

Parkway Pizza hosts trivia April 6 in part- nership with the SLP Nest. The SLP Nest is also sponsor- ing the poetry jam April 18.

Isaac Wahl

Isaac Wahl

Whether it was a sit-in or takeout, according to the St. Louis Park Nest chair Julie Schmelzer, last Thursday night Parkway Pizza took ten percent out of their sales and donated to the Nest.

“We’re hoping the money will help towards several things, such as remodeling we may need to do, or to start paying for the expenses we have,” Schmelzer said.

According to junior nest board member Libby Ramsperger, Parkway took the night to host a trivia game for several families supporting the Nest.

“Playing trivia against another group of family friends, it was super fun to have that friendly competition,” Ramsperger said.

Ramsperger said she hopes the dream of having the Nest as a place for students to thrive becomes a reality.

“I became really invested in the Nest because I knew that it would bring such positive effects to the SLP community, especially the student element of our community,” Ramsperger said.

According to junior nest board member Jaivana Alexis, trivia night at Parkway reflected her hopes for the future of the Nest.

“Even if we didn’t raise money, we got the chance to show people there that we like to have fun, and we like to do fun things for the students and overall it was fun to have everyone together,” Alexis said.

Alexis said she hopes the Nest can be a safe place for students to come together.

The Nest provides a lot of that support and engagement and that’s also what we are incorporating when we open the building,” Alexis said.

According to sophomore Mia Miller, although she is not on the board, she came to show her support for the Nest.

“I think the Nest did really well. Tons of people showed up to support them and it seemed to have gone well,” Miller said.

Miller said that the highlight of Thursday night was the trivia game.

“It was interactive and was cool to see the Nest bond with members of the community,” said Miller. “I think it’s really cool that a local business is helping out a soon to be local business.”

Tjessa Arradondo, Writer, Photographer
Hi everyone ! I’m a sophomore and my name is Tjessa Arradondo . If you’re wondering the J in my name is in fact silent ! I am a writer and photographer  for the  Echo and am so excited to meet new people. I enjoy all things artsy like Instagram feeds, synchronized swimming, making collages,...
Ndunzi Kunsunga, Profiles Editor
Hi I’m Ndunzi/Jason and I am the champion. When I’m the center of attention everyone gets a sheer heart attack so don’t stop me now. I’m a nice guy so I will never mean to cause you any sorrow or to cause you any pain. Anywhere the wind blows nothing really matters to me. I...