Student council prepares for Sno Daze week

‘Throwback’ theme expressed through dress codes, dance venue

Sophomore Student Council members Isaac Scott, Grace Fahey and Li Livdahl discuss ideas for the upcoming Sno Daze week. Student Council leads activites every day leading up to the dance Feb. 23.

Ruby Stillman

Ruby Stillman

Ruby Stillman

When deciding on a Sno Daze theme, senior Student Council co-president Cailey Hansen-Mahoney thought it made sense to have a nostalgic theme because of the change in the Sno Daze dance location from the high school to the middle school.

“We are going to do a throwback theme this year, bringing it back to the time when many of us were in middle school or in elementary school,” Hansen-Mahoney said.

According to Student Council advisor Sarah Lindenberg, the council has begun to prepare for the week of festivities leading up to the dance.

Senior Jack Hanson said he doesn’t care about the dance venue change, and enjoys the uniqueness of this year’s theme.

“Honestly it’s not a big deal to me that (the dance) is at the middle school, I don’t think it’s going to be much different. I like the theme, since I’ve been at school, we haven’t done one like that,” Hanson said.

All of Student Council met Thursday, Feb. 7 to talk about Sno Daze and pick a theme to announce to the school, according to Lindenberg.

“We’ve met with the full student council and they have started to meet in their committees to get everything situated for the week,” Lindenberg said.

Lindenberg said some of the week’s festivities include new activities she hopes will bring new students to participate.

“I think it’s going to be a fun week because we are trying a few new things and it’s nice to do the old traditional types of activities but it’s also fun to see students trying new things,” Lindenberg said. “It’ll be kind of fun because it’ll bring out a new kind of population of students maybe or able to try something new.”

Hanson-Mahoney said some of the new activities implemented this year include ping pong and an outdoor event at Oak Hill Park.

“The Friday before (Sno Daze week) we have a pep fest and that is going to be a student-teacher basketball game. That Tuesday is ping pong, and I think the dress code is denim. Wednesday is dodgeball,” Hanson-Mahoney said. “Thursday is battle of the bands at the Nest, Friday we are doing skating and sledding at Oak Hill Park and then the dance is on Saturday at the middle school.”

Hanson said he enjoys participating in the traditional dress codes, and thinks they help students communicate.

“I actually like doing (the dress codes), because it gets the school more interactive with each other, and it’s kind of fun,” Hanson said.

Ruby Stillman, Social Media Editor

Helllloooooo there. I’m Ruby! I like opinions and when people express them. That’s fitting cause I’m the opinions editor which is really awesome!!!...

Breanna Thompson, Assistant Photo Editor

My name is Breanna Thompson I am the only assistant photo editor. I enjoy being creative.

Nebyu Bekele, Photographer

Hola, my name is Nebyu Bekele, but most people know me as N.E.B, when I’m not doing echo things, I make music, and do cross country and track. I also...