Painting a strong community

Art club welcomes everyone
Student+Jordan+Badhwa+works+on+a+drawing+during+the+Art+Club+meeting+on+Nov.+14.+The+art+club+meets+every+Tuesday+at+3%3A15+in+B114.+
Annika Koch
Student Jordan Badhwa works on a drawing during the Art Club meeting on Nov. 14. The art club meets every Tuesday at 3:15 in B114.

Painting, drawing, ceramics, oh my! Park is offering students the opportunity to participate in art club. 

Freshman Lucy Murray said the club has a great sense of community and they have been very accepting to everyone.

“I love the community that is created and the friendliness of everyone,” Murray said. “(The club) makes people feel welcomed by everyone’s kindness and acceptance in whatever you’re doing.”

Sophomore, Keaton Leonard said that art club is a great way to express himself and is a nice place to hang out.

“You can connect with other people, express yourself and it’s very accepting,” Leonard said.

Art club advisor, Angela Jacob said there is a significance for students to create a community and be involved in something they take interest in.

“I think it’s important for all students to feel like they are involved in something that they’re interested in,” Jacob said “Building community is an important part of being a school.”

Murray said she is excited for new pieces to come and see different projects.

“I hope to see the art club create some wonderful pieces,” Murray said.

Jacob said she is excited for the club to continue for many years, but she does hope that there is some support in the funding of the club.

“I hope we can make some money to buy more supplies and just keep (the club) going throughout the years,” Jacob said.

The art club meets at 3:15 pm every Tuesday in the pottery room (B114).