The Chamber has re-opened

Chamber orchestra prepares for upcoming performance
Sophomore+Lyn+Wingenbach+plays+the+cello+Nov.+27.+Parks+Chamber+orchestra+plays+at+Shalom+Home+on+Dec.+15.+
Zara Fakier
Sophomore Lyn Wingenbach plays the cello Nov. 27. Parks Chamber orchestra plays at Shalom Home on Dec. 15.

In preparation for Park’s Chamber Orchestra’s first performance at the Shalom Home on Dec. 15, they are working hard to perfect their songs. This orchestra group only practices together twice a week on Mondays and Wednesdays,  The group has been working on multiple songs that include a few holiday ones. 

Junior Emily Foster said she enjoys playing tundra and looks forward to collaborating with the choir at their next performance.

“We have been playing this one piece that I like called ‘Tundra,” Foster said “We get to perform it with the choir at their concert so that will be fun.” 

Orchestra director Lee said the first performance for the chamber will be held at the Shlohmo home which is the 15.

“Our first performance for chamber is the 15th, a community performance at the shlohmo home in saint louis park.”

Senior Mae Turman said her favorite songs to play are “Palladio” and “Dreidel,” and that Chamber will be ready in time for their upcoming performance. 

“Recently, I really like that last piece called ‘Palladio.’’ It’s really fun because it’s a combination of different pieces, and Dreidel is also a really fun piece to play,” Turman said. “Our next performance is after five rehearsals, we have about half a month, we’ll make it work.” 

Foster said she enjoys playing in Chamber because she has close friends with her, and enjoys early morning practices. 

“I’ve been doing chamber since freshman year so I like it. I have some good friends in Chamber with me,” said Foster. “I like having practice early in the morning, it’s early in the morning but it’s better than having it during the day.” 

Lee said Chamber is a small group that has been chosen by him and then given the opportunity to audition.

“For the small group I see who would be able to play in Chamber and then have to audition to be in it,“ Lee said. “Sometimes kids hesitate to join, I think they second guess their own abilities so when I see that I let them know and give them the chance to audition.”