Fridays at Park are blooming

Friday flowers club collab opportunities
Illustration by Luisa Augustine
Louisa Augustine
Illustration by Luisa Augustine

Friday flowers is a fun and interactive way that students are helping fundraise for various clubs. Friday flowers advisor Emma Engebretson said that because of the $25 fee for clubs, she tries to ensure that students are able to join in different clubs. 

“(Friday flowers) is a way to fundraise for many clubs and make sure that all students are able to participate in them,” Engebretson said. “It would be great if it could help offset the $25 fee for clubs or just any other funding needs for clubs and organizations at our school.”

Sophomore Dalia Falck said selling flowers for fundraising has been great so far.

“I think it’s been a lot of fun. Everyone walks around and is curious about the flowers, towards afternoons on Friday you notice in the hallways many people carrying flowers,” Falck said. “I think it’s a nice way to bond with people.”

Sophomore Audrey Martin said advertising around the school is one of the main reasons why people know about Friday flowers.

“Advertising is a major aspect, there’s posters around the school and people walk around (with) the flowers, making sure people know they can buy them,” Martin said. “I think it’s a fun thing for the students and the teachers to be able to buy flowers for friends and loved ones.”

Engebretson said, Friday flowers fundraising has collaborated with many clubs, and will continue to do so.

“We started to support the Youth in Government, Model United Nations and the trip to Europe last year. Now, we’re supporting the Japan trip this year,” Engebretson said. “Last year, I told all the other club advisors that if you’d like to collaborate on Friday flowers, let me know.”

Falck said Friday flowers is also a way to be familiar with other students who are also attending the Japan trip.

“The main goal is just to raise a lot of money,” Falck said. “And it is also a nice way to get to know (the people) who are going on the Japan trip this summer.” 

Martin said the main aspect is to fundraise to the greatest extent and to help with more students having the opportunity to go on the Japan trip this summer.

“The goal is to fundraise as much as possible so the students had to pay less for the trip,” Martin said. “Another goal is to fundraise as much as possible so more students have the opportunity to go on the trip to be able to afford it.”

The next Friday flowers is being moved to Wednesday Feb. 14 for Valentine’s Day. There will be special cards and candy available.