Park’s cross country season comes to an end

Park places 4th at conference championship
Isaac Schulman
Junior Nora Lindermen finishes strong at conference championships on Oct. 17th. This was Parks last meet before sections.

As the season comes to an end for Parks cross country, Park’s girls team had their last regular meet of the season Oct. 17 at Hyland Green Golf Course, where they placed fourth out of eight this meet. 

Head coach Chris Nordstrom said the race went well and while they didn’t run as well as they hoped, they had some good individual performances.

“One thing we will look to focus on going into next week is continuing to stay mentally and physically engaged in the race, even if it isn’t going exactly how we planned or hoped,” Nordstrom said. “We will be rested and ready to go next week at sections, and we’re hoping to focus on some speed and taking care of any soreness or injuries to be at our best and healthiest next week.”

Junior Anna Healey said Park did a good job as a collective.

“I feel like some people had better days than others but overall I think it went really well,” Healey said. “I personally think I did really well. I had a goal in mind and I went out and I got that goal.”

Senior Ruby Massie said the team worked together and pushed each other to do well.

“I don’t think that this was my best race but I got through it and I pushed my team,” Massie said. 

Healey said she thinks there are no improvements needed for sections, the team just needs to work harder and put in more effort.

“It’s not as much as how we can improve because I feel like we did really well and I think sections we just have to work harder,” Healey said. “If we just go out and give it our all, because it’s our last race of the season, we’ll do good.”

Massie said one thing that didn’t go well was people’s mindsets.

“One thing that didn’t go so well was the perspective of how the race was going to go before,” Massie said. “People had bad mindsets before the race, but if you keep a good mindset and you think you can do it, you can go and achieve a lot more things. You just have to think about it being a mental game and you have to think about how you have to just go out and kill it because you think it.”

Park girls cross country’s next meet is 3:30 p.m. on Oct. 25 at Gale Woods Farm.