One small mistake can mess up a game

Park softball suffers 11-10 loss to Chanhassen
Tyler Eoff
Junior Eva Taybior hits the ball April 24. Park took a close loss against Chanhassen, ending with a score of 11-10.

Park’s softball team faced off against Chanhassen April 24. After going on a two game road trip, Park lost 11-10 at home with this loss park sitting at barely above a .500 win percentage and a record of 4-3. Junior captain Eva Taybior said it was a tough back and forth loss that was caused by errors.

“We had some slip ups that cost us the close game down the stretch,” Taybior said. “We started chasing high pitches and getting ourselves out of the game because of mistakes we had made.”

According to head coach Chris Gabler, the team will make great improvements for the next game.

“We’re gonna work on the defensive things, but also making sure we have what it takes down the line to close out these games, and I know the girls have what it takes to do that,” Gabler said.

Junior Dereona Martin said the team is not worried about the season’s record because they trust each other and know they can win.

“Most of us have been playing together since we were little, so we are comfortable around one another, have fun together and we believe we can beat anyone working together,” Martin said.

According to Gabler, they don’t really have anything in mind but to get a good spot in sections, and to improve as the season moves on.

“Our goal is to keep getting better,” Gabler said. “I don’t have a record in mind, but we want to be when we get to sections we get a chance to win sections. That’s the ultimate goal.”

According to Taybior, something they are taking away from this game is the great communication and them being good offensively.

“We had some amazing hits at bat, and were able to make plays off that,” Taybior said. “We had great awareness and teamwork the whole game because of good communication, and that’s something we were going to carry on with down the line.”

Park’s next game is 4:30 p.m. April 29 at Aquila Park versus the New Prague Trojans.