Student Council begins Prom planning

Excitement builds as dance approaches

Student Council begins Prom planning

Sophomore Anna Wert talks about her Prom theme ideas with Sarah
Lindenberg as well as the rest of the Prom committee. Prom will take place May 5.

Sophomore Anna Wert talks about her Prom theme ideas with Sarah Lindenberg as well as the rest of the Prom committee. Prom will take place May 5.

Josh Halper

Josh Halper

Josh Halper

Avia Kaner-Roth

Student council member Lilly Strathman said as a freshman on Student Council, it is part of her responsibilities to plan the Prom related details.

“As an underclassman who is a part of Student Council, I get to plan prom decorations and the general things that go into planning the event,” Strathman said.

Strathman said she was enthusiastic to proceed in the planning process and excited to gain new leadership experience.

“It has been really exciting so far to take more of a leadership role in the planning process, especially as a freshman,” Strathman said. “I really want to help make this dance successful.”

Student Council adviser Sarah Lindenberg said Student Council’s first meeting concerning Prom determined some basics surrounding the event.

“We’re having our first meeting this week to establish the theme, as well as the food order,” Lindenberg said.

Strathman said the decorations will be planned according to the theme and location, the theme has yet to be announced.

“We haven’t done a ton of planning since we don’t have an official theme yet, but as it’s going to be on a boat this year, we’re planning on having a lot of beautiful lights, fun foods and things like that,” Strathman said. “Definitely expect a lot of really fun and cute decorations.”

According to Strathman, student council will be advertising for Prom using past methods.

“We are going to be making a lot of posters, and when we decide the theme we’re definitely going push that pretty hard.” Strathman said. “We will also be promoting the activities that we do as a school before the dance, to help hype it up, like Spirit Week, what we did before Homecoming.”

Strathman said she believes the dance’s location will encourage participation among students.

“The fact that it’s on a boat will definitely help encourage participation. I think the location will make the dance seem more exciting, especially since it’s not at the school,” Strathman said. “It’ll be more fancy and push it apart from the other dances.”

Avia Kaner-Roth, Writer

Hey guys, I’m Avia and I’m a writer on the echo:) I’m a fan of feminism, early 2000’s boy bands and the West Wing. If you need me, you can probably...