The best parks in Park

The top six parks you have to go to
Isaac Schulman
Nelsons Park (Dakota Park) hosts the varsity baseball games. Right around the corner is also a bunch of softball fields and basketball courts.

Park has always been known for having great parks. They Are perfect for enjoying the outdoors, going for a walk and many more activities. Since Park has such great parks, I will be telling you about the six best parks in St Louis Park.

#1 Wolfe Park: ★★★★★
Wolfe Park is one of the best parks to attend. The playground is very big with many different types of equipment around it. If you go across the bridge, there are basketball courts along with a volleyball net and sand. Overall the park is very clean and sanitary and is always filled with kids. The park has a huge sledding hill during the winter time and a very nice gazebo. Right next to the park there is a smaller park with even cooler equipment. There is a very nice walking path that takes you around the lake. Next to the theater there is the Wolfe Park Veterans’ Memorial Amphitheater with a stage by it for performances. Next to the park there is also a fishing dock where you are able to fish from. This park is also right next to the Rec Center where you are able to skate inside when there is open skate and right next to the waterpark that is always filled with people and is very fun.

#2 Nelson Park: ★★★★★
Nelson Park is also a great park to go to. There is a very nice warming house right next to it. If you walk not too far away there is a large park next to it that is from Peter Hobart. This park is very large with all sorts of equipment and a very nice basketball court that has recently been redone by Paige Buekers and James Fiin, sponsored by StockX. This court is very cool and fun to play basketball games on. There is a huge open field in the summer and an even bigger blacktop area for kickball and all other sorts of games. During the winter time there are two hockey rinks that are very well taken care of and are fun to play hockey on when it’s frozen.

#3 Louisiana Oaks Park: ★★★★★
Louisiana Oaks has a great open and big field if you are interested in playing soccer games. The playground is also very nice and very clean. There is also a big sledding hill during the winter time and a good sized hockey rink to skate on. The playground has a variety of different equipment and looks very modern. If you walk about one or two minutes away there is a splash pad area that is open to the public during the summer. There is also a baseball field that you are able to play baseball games, wiffle ball games and even kick ball games on.

#4 Birchwood Park: ★★★★☆
Starting off with Birchwood Park, the playground is a smaller playground but definitely has unique equipment on it that other parks don’t have. The warming house is very big and clean. There is also a full sized basketball court at this park that usually has people playing on it if you are looking for some pickup games. Right behind the basketball court there is also a baseball field with a huge open field behind it for many different types of games. During the winter time there is a big hockey rink with an open skate area. During the night there are two big lights that light up the entire rink. Overall this park is very clean looking and is a great park to go to.

#5 Browndale Park: ★★★★☆
Browndale Park is still a very nice park even for its size. Firstly they have a huge hill that lots of kids sled down during the winter time, as well as a nice skating rink that many different types of people skate on during the winter. There is a nice basketball court that you are also able to play on and shoot around. This court is very clean with good hoops. Browndale’s warming house is also very big and nice with board games that you are able to play inside. The park is also very nice and unique with cool equipment on it. The baseball field is also very nice so you can get all sorts of practice and pickup games there as well.

#6 Westwood Nature Center Park: ★★★★☆
This park is small but still has very nice and modern equipment. Westwood park also has a huge walking path around the big lake that is there. There are all sorts of animals that you are able to see here when walking around the path. If you go towards the main building you are able to look at animals that are endangered and being kept safe by Westwood. There are a couple animals that you can see outside, mainly birds in smaller cages. But on the inside there are different sorts of smaller animals that you are able to look at. This is definitely the cleanest park out of all of them and is definitely an underrated park to go to and take walks and look to play on their smaller but nicer playground.