Student Council reflects on Sno Daze week

Satisfaction expressed with attendance, coordination

Junior and DJ Joe Holloway transitions songs to get the crowd  moving and jumping around. This is his third school event he's DJ'd.

Junior and DJ Joe Holloway transitions songs to get the crowd moving and jumping around. This is his third school event he's DJ'd.

According to student council adviser Sarah Lindenberg, the 2017 Sno Daze week saw relatively high levels of participation.

“We had a pretty good turnout for three-on-three basketball. Dodgeball had a good turnout too,” Lindenberg said. “There was a lower turnout for the volleyball, but that was because there were some other events going on that night.”

Lindenberg expressed appreciation for the amount of bands that participated in the battle of the bands competition.

“Forming bands, for whatever reason, has waned in popularity,” Lindenberg said. “To have two fully functioning bands playing in the competition was really fun.”

Senior Vince Callahan said he thought students enjoyed the dodgeball event and the dance the most.

“Dodgeball seems to be the most popular, people get pretty into that,” Callahan said. “The dance was pretty popular also.”

According to Lindenberg, the venue that hosted the dance experienced several technical issues during the event.

“The dance had a bit of a rocky start,” Lindenberg said. “There was an issue with the lights that we had to work out with the venue that eventually worked out and people had a good time.”

Lindenberg said Student Council is now turning its attention to planning other events, including prom.