PSAT to take place Oct. 11

Test registration deadline Oct. 6

Junior+Alaysha+McCall-Davis+completes+a+test+in+room+A305.+The+PSAT+takes+place+at+8%3A20+a.m.+Oct.+11+in+the+old+gym.+
Junior Alaysha McCall-Davis completes a test in room A305. The PSAT takes place at 8:20 a.m. Oct. 11 in the old gym.

Breanna Thompson

Breanna Thompson

Alex Balfour

Park will be holding the annual Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test  Oct. 6, according to Assistant School Assessment Coordinator Jami LaPray.

According to LaPray, there are certain requirements in order to be eligible for the Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test (PSAT).

“(The PSAT is for) tenth and eleventh grade, and if you are in the tenth grade you need to be in the top half of your grade in terms of your grade point average,” LaPray said. “If you’re in the eleventh grade you need to be in the top third of your class in terms of your grade point average.”

LaPray said the PSAT aims to help students in their preparations for future exams.

“(The PSAT) gives you an idea of a lot of things in terms of the kinds of standardized testing you’re going to be doing in the future,” LaPray said. “Not only does it help you understand your skill levels, it also gives you practice taking standardized tests in a standardized test setting in a big room with a lot of people.”

According to LaPray, the PSAT registration deadline occurs Oct 6. at the Total Registration website, and the PSAT will take place at 8:20 a.m. Oct. 11 in the old gym.