The perfect picture

Most photogenic spots in Minneapolis
Hanna Lipschultz
The First Avenue and 7th Entry walls are covered in stars. Only the venue’s favorite artists and performances get a spot on the wall.

Guthrie and Gold Metal Park: ★★★★★

If you’ve ever been down by the Mississippi river in Minneapolis, chances are that you have seen a strange navy blue building next to a park with a spiral walkway up to the top of a hill — the building is called the Guthrie. Not only is the outside of the building an architectural wonder, but many rooms and features inside the building itself are able to make for cool photos. The Pohlad Lobby and its amber box feature yellow windows, creating the appearance of being within a filter while inside. The floating bridge also boasts a beautiful view — if you catch it at night, you will get the Grain Belt beer sign all lit up. The park has a great view from the top of the hill; it features a view of the Mississippi river and the many bridges that cross it. I would recommend taking group photos, like homecoming pictures, here. The view in the back would look great with fancy dresses.

Stone Arch Bridge: ★★★★☆

The stone arch bridge is an iconic Minneapolis photo spot. On the bridge itself, the curving shape and the lines of the different paths make a super interesting, pleasing to the eye photo. The surrounding area features the ruins of the Gold Medal Flour explosion. The foliage makes a really unique site to see in the city — a contrast between industry and nature. There are many homecoming and senior photos taken here every year and I can see why. This is definitely the place to go to get lots of variety in one location. The changes in landscape and traffic here make it have a super dynamic feel that is perfect for an Instagram picture, as well as a lot of senior photos, especially with the bustling background.

Walker Art Center Sculpture Garden: ★★★★★

The Walker art center features maybe the best view of downtown Minneapolis ever. It’s home to the famed Cherry and the Spoon, which also hosts perfect lines looking down to the Cherry and the Spoonfrom The Walker. During the summer, the trees are all lined up and trimmed and the contrast between the green and dark gray walkway make it a satisfying picture. Looking at the city from the top of the sculpture garden, Groveland Terrace, the views of the city are even better. Walking up the zig-zag path might make you experience whiplash in more than one way. Looking at the ever improving view of the skyline and constantly changing directions. The view from the top of the path is super charming and is the perfect skyline shot.

First Ave. and Bob Dylan Mural: ★★★★☆

One of the most special spots in Minneapolis happens to be First Avenue and 7th street entry. Some of the best performers have performed here when they were only a small band or artist — for example Prince, Coldplay and Lizzo all performed here. What makes First Avenue so special are the stars covering the outside of the building. They represent tons of artists that have played at this venue. The stars make it a unique way to get a picture with the names of one of your favorite artists’ stars at a historic music venue. Prince, one of the best performers from Minnesota, and arguably the world, has a gold star in his memory — attracting people and standing out against other, white stars. Just a few blocks away, there is a mural of Bob Dylan. It is super colorful and massive with three hyper realistic paintings of Dylan. The vibrant colors contrast with the industrial city feel and brings lots of color into the concrete jungle. On the walk over to the Bob Dylan mural there are a few other buildings with huge murals painted over them. The vibrant colors and their location in the city makes for some cool city shots. Definitely attend a concert at First Ave. or 7th street entry, with your friends and take some pictures before or after with the stars. The Bob Dylan mural is more of a daylight picture with a cute streetwear outfit. I recommend taking advantage of the many other murals around as well, highlighting vibrant colors of the city.