Parcelle Organics is a fresh new option

Minneapolis’ very own Erewhon
Abby Bartleson
Wild Romesco Salmon Salad and C.R.E.A.M. Smoothie from Parcelle Organics Mar. 4. Parcelle serves breakfast, lunch and beverages.

Located in Northeast Minneapolis, Parcelle Organics held their grand opening Jan. 24. As their main mission is to “provide the highest quality organic meals,” Parcelle serves up an array of menu items reminiscent of the popular California market Erewhon.

On the inside, the atmosphere is typical of an organic, clean-eating cafe: modern and minimalistic with white marble countertops, bright lights and greenery. There were plenty of places to sit and eat, and two places to order food, depending on if you choose to make your own bento box or order something from the regular menu. The modern, airy ambiance is to be expected from this type of place — not bad, but also nothing special.

Pricewise, the cost is insanely high. I ordered a salad, and although it was definitely good, the cost was too high for something that I could probably replicate at home. Their smoothies are tasty and they definitely look pretty, but at 12 dollars for a regular-sized smoothie, there is no way I would ever buy one again. For their coffees, teas and some of their food items, the cost is reasonable. For their smoothies, it’s mind-boggling. For me personally, there’s no way to justify spending that much on food, no matter where it is.

Parcelle doesn’t offer a huge menu of items. Despite this, every item on the menu is unique, and they make it very well. My friends and I sampled a Wild Romesco Salmon Salad, and I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was. With a nice array of vegetables and the addition of salmon, it was definitely different from any other salad I’ve had before, and I really enjoyed it. We also tried the C.R.E.A.M smoothie, which is essentially a strawberry banana smoothie with extra ingredients like aloe, dates and agave syrup. While I liked the smoothie, I didn’t think it was necessarily anything special. It was good but not amazing, and is similar to something I could make at home or get at any other smoothie shop for a much cheaper price.

The quality of the food was something that really stood out to me. Parcelle boasts about using organic, clean ingredients, but I was still pleasantly surprised with the high quality of their food. Almost all items can be seen behind the counter, and you can watch as they make most of it. It’s easy to believe that the ingredients they use are fresh, and the flavor reflects it.

Overall, I did really like Parcelle. I don’t think it’s necessarily the type of place I would eat at again — it mainly seems to appeal to people who wear athleisure and really love Bitcoin — but I didn’t hate it. The food is fresh and unique, the atmosphere is nice, and the only downside is the high prices. Even though it’s not located in Park, I would still recommend trying it.

Parcelle Organics: ★★★★☆