Group introduces artistic opportunity

Brenna Cook, Staff Writer

36 Arts hopes to broaden creative community

Photographers, poets and other artists may find themselves turning to each other for artistic advice at an Art Share held by the student group 36 Arts.

According to adviser Chris Nordmark, students can come to the Art Share after school today in room C367 and can discuss any type of artwork they have created

“It’s a very informal way for people to share written and visual art,” he said. “A lot of people make art and just keep it to themselves, so this is a place to share it with people who do similar things.”

Students who attend the Art Share  will also have an opportunity to submit their work to the magazine created by 36 Arts. This magazine features student artwork and will be sold toward the end of the school year.

Sophomore and 36 Arts member Madalina Kelner said the group hopes the Art Share will attract submissions for the magazine and foster art at Park.

“It’s really great because you can enjoy other people’s art,” she said. “It gives motivation for people’s artwork and a sense of community for art at school.”

Nordmark also said he hopes the event will increase student involvement in the group.

“We hope to see new art and even new people who haven’t participated before,” Nordmark said. “To get more attention, to get more people involved and to see more art would be the three big things.”

Additionally, Kelner said she thinks the possibility of learning from other artists will make the Art Share a positive experience.

“You can always learn from other people. It’s cool to get inspired and you get to see other people’s work,” she said. “Also, you have people commenting on your work so you get some live feedback.”

Junior Otter Pinske said she is considering attending the Art Share because of the opportunity to meet with other artists.

“It sounds like people there are good resources to help develop your art skills so it would be a fun, but educational experience,” Pinske said.

Nordmark said any student interested in attending the Art Share should do so.

“Don’t be shy,” Nordmark said. “I understand it can be a little scary to share art sometimes, but everyone is in that boat so it’s a good chance to show what you have in a safe environment.”