Raku Sushi rolls into West End

Early this November, Raku Sushi will open a location in The Shops at West End exposing students to new cultures through unique foods

Raku Sushi wraps up artistically and well prepared food perfectly at their Japanese fusion restaurant.

Raku’s food options cover a wide range of Japanese dishes, shown with two separate menu’s to choose from. The restaurant provides both a traditional and fusion menu, giving customers numerous food alternatives. Their sesame chicken is one of 34 options  that can be ordered on the traditional menu, whereas the fusion menu provides  intercultural dishes such as the Asian style tilapia and their red wine reduction sauce.

Qian says that this variety of food is a large reason why people like and go to Raku Sushi.

Junior Alex Nissen said he believes opening a Raku Sushi in West End is good because it need more cultural variety.

“There’s a lot of American influenced restaurants in West End, so it would integrate Asian culture into St. Louis Park,” Nissen said.

Audrey Qian, owner of the Raku Sushi in Edina, said she is very proud of what Raku Sushi has accomplished and is excited for the new location to open in The Shops at West End.

“The major difference between Raku Sushi and other restaurants is that we offer fusion japanese food rather than just traditional,” Qian said. “Fusion style dishes means that we cook japanese with other Asian, Italian, and French food, giving a whole new level of taste experience.”

Raku’s master chef Megu Lin has more than 16 years of culinary experience and completely decides what is served at the restaurant.

“He is the master chef at the restaurant with an abundance of culinary experiences, completely designing both menu’s at Raku,” Qian said.

Since St. Louis Park doesn’t offer many sushi and japanese restaurants, Qian said she believes Raku Sushi is a great experience that anybody can enjoy.

“Raku provides a different atmosphere and experience through the food, giving students a new cultural outlook on Japanese culture,” Qian said.

“It would place Asian influence into the area and promote the acceptance of Asian culture,” Sophomore Ori Etzion said.

The new location of Raku Sushi in The Shops at the West End will be placed next to Rojo Mexican Grill on 16th street.