Administration closes school Jan. 31

Decision made after wind chill advisory

Administration closes school Jan. 31

The sidewalk on W. 33 St. students use to walk to the high school. Due to the wind chill temperatures during this morning route, the District has closed all St. Louis Park Public Schools Jan. 31.

Noah Orloff

Noah Orloff

Noah Orloff

Dani Orloff

St. Louis Park Public Schools will be closed to students and staff Jan. 31, according to District communications director Sara Thompson.

According to Thompson, the decision was reached because of the forecasted conditions during the morning commute.

“While the District considered a late start, the forecasted severity and timing of the wind chill advisory does not allow for it,” Thompson said.

While school will not be in session, according to Thompson, Park schools and centers will be open at 12 p.m. for after school and evening sports and activities to occur as usual. This includes Adult Enrichment Classes and Community Education Programs.

Echo will provide an update if any new information becomes available.

Dani Orloff, Editor-in-Chief

Hey guys! My name is Dani and I’m the Editor-in-Chief this year! When I am not devoting my time to Echo, you can find me in the kitchen training to become...