Snodaze hits rewind

Annual dance moves to middle school

Snodaze hits rewind

Ruby Stillman and Evelyn Nelson

When deciding on a Sno Daze theme, senior Student Council co-president Cailey Hansen-Mahoney tried to incorporate the new dance location. The result was a nostalgic, retro theme she hopes will allow students to reminisce.

“We are going to do a throwback theme this year, bringing it back to the time when many of us were in middle school or in elementary school,” Hansen-Mahoney said. “People are not happy that the dance is at the middle school, but I think we can really transform it into a really great space.”

Senior Jack Hanson said he doesn’t care about the dance venue change and enjoys the uniqueness of this year’s theme.

“Honestly, it’s not a big deal to me that it is at the middle school. I don’t think it’s going to be much different. I like the theme. Since I have been at school, we haven’t done one like that,” Hanson said.

All of Student Council met to talk about Sno Daze and pick a theme, according to Lindenberg. She said she is proud of the council’s adaptability.

“They have done a good job of trying to work with the changes and also improve student opinions and morale,” Lindenberg said. “They get feedback and act on that feedback to make it a good experience for all.”

Lindenberg said some of the week’s festivities include original activities she hopes will encourage students to participate.

“I think it’s going to be a fun week because we are trying a few new things, and it’s nice to do the old traditional types of activities. But it’s also fun to see students trying new things,” Lindenberg said. “It’ll be kind of fun because it’ll bring out a new kind of population of students who will be able to try something new.”

Ruby Stillman, Social Media Editor

Hi, I’m Ruby. Some people call me Rubithus. I like Pad Thai and quesadillas. I do theatre and social activism and I like warm weather and face masks.

Evelyn Nelson, Writer

“Peace up, A-Town down”! I’m Evelyn, but most people know me as Evie or ‘the salty girl’. I am a junior this year and when I’m not writing...