The time for registration begins

Park students register for classes
Max Rider
Junior counselor Heidi Gosgrove explains new classes to students Feb. 13. Students are getting prepared to select their upcoming year’s classes.

As semester two begins and March approaches, students need to register for the 2024-2025 school year to indicate their preferred classes. This can be a stressful time for some, but most are excited to decide their classes and get new schedules.

Sophomore counselor Kelsey Milne said the counselors tried something new this year. According to her, they went to each class twice to explain what all the classes are about and make it easier for students to decide which ones are best for them.

“The first day, we went in and presented all the materials,” Milne said. “The second day, which was a week later, we helped the students register and answer their questions.”

Sophomore Caleb Ruff said the teachers make it easy to decide what classes to take because they do a good job of explaining what each class is.

“I think they do a good job of explaining the classes’ difficulties,” Ruff said. “There’s a wide variety of classes for people with different interests.”

Sophomore Zachary Stillman said teachers make it very clear how many classes to take and help you with not taking too hard of a class load.

“Most of the teachers are very clear in the recommendations for each student,” Stillman said. “They make it easy to ensure that next year is the proper amount of challenge while still enjoying a balanced life.”

According to Milne, it’s important for students to know all of their class options before they lock in their class choices because, that way, they get the right classes for them.

“This year, a lot of core class teachers and elective class teachers were talking about what classes are next year,” Milne said. “I also know that the students had an elective fair, so they get familiar with all the electives available for next year.”

Ruff said now is the perfect time to register for classes for next year.

“We had a whole semester this year to figure out which classes we like,” Ruff said. “Now, we have another semester to figure out which classes to take.”

Stillman said he wishes Park would go a little further in-depth into what each class is, so he knows what he’s getting into.

“(Park) could explore more about each class and how they work,” Stillman said. “I wish they could go through the syllabus and the curriculum, so I know what I’m getting into.”