Six games rescheduled after April snow

Softball team to play first games of the season

Senior+Annabelle+Schutte+catches+a+ball+during+a+drill+in+softball+practice+April+24.+Varsity+softball+team+will+be+playing+Cooper+at+4%3A30+p.m.+April+26+at+Aquila+Fields.+

Six games rescheduled after April snow

Senior Annabelle Schutte catches a ball during a drill in softball practice April 24. Varsity softball team will be playing Cooper at 4:30 p.m. April 26 at Aquila Fields.

Abby Intveld

Abby Intveld

Abby Intveld

Abby Intveld and Emma Kempf

The varsity softball team will play its first six games of the season within three days, according to coach Bobby Crumpton.

The team will play its first game April 26 at Aquila Park, followed by a double-header at Chanhassen April 27 and will play three games at the Richfield Middle School April 28 according to Crumpton.

Senior softball captain Maddie Cascio said she is excited to get outside and play and thinks the team is prepared for the upcoming games.

“We basically have a full three weeks of games in three days,” Cascio said. “It’s physically draining but mentally, we’ll be fine. We’ll do our best.”

According to Crumpton, the six games were scheduled quickly to make up for lost game time due to April snow showers.

“(The players) have been practicing indoors for five, six weeks, and we’ve been practicing well, so we’re not going to do anything out of the ordinary the next couple of days,” Crumpton said. “My girls are more than excited to get outside. If anything, I’ll have to calm them down.”

Junior Maddie McIntosh said the weekend will be stressful due to conflicts individual team members experience.

“It’s overwhelming. A lot of us have prior commitments and these games are just being thrown at us over the weekend,” McIntosh said. “It’s to be expected because of all the snow and weather issues so we knew there would be lots of rescheduling.”

Crumpton said he is confident in the team’s talent and looks forward to seeing them in action on the field.

“I think we have an exceptional varsity team, best varsity team they’ve had around here in a very long time,” Crumpton said. “I’m excited to get back on the field and watch their synergy grow.”

McIntosh said she doesn’t need to win the games but wants the team to play to their greatest potential.

“I hope we just get out there and play our best and stay positive no matter the outcome,” McIntosh said. “I want us to just play as a unit and as a team.”

The varsity softball team will have its first game 4:30 p.m. April 26 at Aquila Fields against Robbinsdale Cooper.

Abby Intveld, Managing Editor

Hey folks!!! I’m Abby Intveld and I’m a senior and a managing editor for the Echo. My best friend is my golden retriever Beau and we love going for...

Emma Kempf, Photo Editor

Hey I’m Emma Kempf and I’m one of this years photo editors! One time I convinced a friend for a month that I owned the Kemp ice cream company and  just...