Memories that keep on

Memories that keep on

Sophie Olmen

As I begin my final season of basketball for my high school career, many thoughts run through my head.

I began playing the sport in kindergarten, and I have played it since. From parks and recreation, with everyone playing together, to varsity at the high school — and many teams in between. Including travelling, high school and summer basketball.

It has been an experience that I’ll remember forever. From meeting some of my closest friends through the sport, to learning many new things.

For example, it has taught me how to manage time, be a part of a team, trust and much more.

Over the years, basketball has been like a small community to me within the broader one we are in. I have known some of the girls I have played with for many years and they have become my best friends.

This game has been in my life for a very long time and the amount of things it has taught me is a good kind of crazy. It has had a huge positive impact on my life and I have learned so much from the game including out of basketball lessons.

I have put in countless hours of practice and participating in games or just doing something basketball related. There have most definitely been ups and down, but it pays off in the end.

Truthfully, many thoughts have crossed my mind, both negative and positive, about basketball. I have had rough times playing, but I have also had moments that come only once in a lifetime. For those moments, I am glad that I got to be part of it.

It has been a long journey for me and now that I am entering my senior season, I am going to make the best of it.

I have a lot I’m thinking about. I’m going to cherish every moment I have during the season because it doesn’t last forever. I want to remember all of the amazing moments that I have shared with this game. My basketball experience will stay with me forever.

Sophie Olmen, Sports Editor

Hi my name is Sophie Olmen and I am the sports editor for the Echo. Fun fact I have two middle names and I am also a senior this year. I play tennis, basketball...