36 Arts plans to increase accessibility of content

Seeks to expand to online website

Juniors+Chava+Buchbinder+and+Ciara+Woida+review+submitted+art+for+the+36+Arts+annual+magazine.+The+club+plans+to+expand+the+magazine+into+a+website+by+the+end+of+January.+

Juniors Chava Buchbinder and Ciara Woida review submitted art for the 36 Arts annual magazine. The club plans to expand the magazine into a website by the end of January.

Maddie Lund

Maddie Lund

Maddie Lund

When 36 Arts club member junior Ciara Woida heard about the club’s addition of a website, she said she felt excited for the chance to gain more popularity and submissions.

“I think (the expansion) is great because it gives people more ways to submit (their art) and more people can see it, and create more awareness for the club,” Woida said.

According to 36 Arts club leader junior Chava Buchbinder, the club is looking to start producing online content sometime during the new year.

“Right after winter break, hopefully within the month of January or early February we’ll have the website up,” Buchbinder said.

36 Arts adviser Christopher Nordmark said the process of creating the website has gotten off on a slow start because of sicknesses and holidays.

“Our once a week meetings didn’t happen for a while,” Nordmark said. “Also, Jewish holidays for a month landed on those dates.” 

Buchbinder said having a website will allow readers to access the magazine at any time.

“We are trying to figure out a way where people can submit art and people can look at it throughout the entire year,” Buchbinder said.

According to Buchbinder, a website will be beneficial because it can be edited and updated frequently, unlike a paper magazine.

“With a magazine, because it’s a hard copy, you can’t change anything about it,” Buchbinder said. “We have had printing mistakes in the past but we’ve had to sell them like that anyway.”

Buchbinder said having a website will create opportunities for people to become more involved with art.

“We really want more opportunities, aside from our poetry slams, art shares and all of our art related events, we really want students to have a little more involvement in art,” Buchbinder said.  

36 Arts meets at 8 a.m. on Tuesdays in room C367.

Maddie Lund, Features Editor

Hey! My name is Maddie Lund and I am one of the features editors for the Echo! I am a senior this year. You can almost always find me at Spyhouse Coffee...